Today was a really messy day in work. By that I don't mean I have a crap job, it was just one of those days when your working your ass off but you don't seem to get anywhere. Everyone in the office was having the same kind of day. there wasn't the usual banter 'cause no one had the time to be funny and believe me we have an office full of jokers.
We have the Hendawg who usually starts it off (He has his own language ffs). Then there is Menstrual Cycle who slips in the quiet gems that have us all in fits. Drunk Drivin (Me) just opens his big gub and says summat stupid. Of course I can't leave out the Kormster who tells us jokes we have to think about (delayed action). I won't put any of that here today but I will relate some of the jokes and sayins that come up on a daily basis at a later date.
Anyway back to the grind, as I said crap day and all that and then I got an e-mail from one of our local artists. This was in response to an e-mail I sent her earlier about a painting she had done and was hanging in the Rathmullan House Hotel in Donegal. Oh yes her name is Rita Duffy and she was the daughter of a customer of ours in my fathers butchers shop Alexanders on the Stranmillis Road.
I had been told that this painting was of my father and the e-mail was just me asking if it was true. Well, she said that it had been done a long time ago and was one of four. The subject was food and this one had a very bovine feel. While the painting was not of my father in partlicular she did get her inspiration from her memories from my father and the shop.
I have visited the hotel website and from what I saw Rita has a very good memory. My wife Linda and I will be in Derry soon and we will be taking a jaunt to Donegal to see it and hopefully take a few pics to add to the great memories I already have of my dad.
So thank you Rita for a nice surprise on an otherwise bad day.
No comments:
Post a Comment