Sunday, 11 September 2011

Derry City

We went to Derry last week-end for a break and had a lovely time. I had never been there so it was a chance to see the place. Preaching Blues (Son House) It was great seeing the famous walled city with so much history attached to it. One thing I will say about it is that the people there are really friendly.

The Phoenix B & B where we stayed was very nice and our hosts, Belinda and Pat made us very welcome.
On Saturday we did our own thing by-passing the bus tour. First of all we had lunch in a place called Fitzroy's, a really nice place, so nice in fact we booked a table for later.

My father was an Apprentice Boy and for years he had walked The Walls in August so I could not be in Derry without walking in my fathers foot steps. Although I am not with that frame of mind it was a memory thing. Highway 69 (Yardbirds). We were astonished at how wide they were and the view of the outer City is amazing.
After that we had a look around the Walled Market then had a coffee in a little place called The Craft Village. It's a nice wee place with little craft  shops and cafes around  a square, all very pleasant. Unrentide (Medieval Babes)

Then we took a skite round to The Diamond and The Good Lady shopped :). "Time for an afternoon nap" I said so we went back to the B & B and had a kip.
Went out to Fitzroy's later for a meal and I must say it was very good as was the service. While we were outThe best part of the night was when it came to the bill. Because they had got a mention in a food guide they were giving 30% discount, whoohoo.
A gentle fifteen minutes walk back to the B & B and the rest is none of your business.
The next day we got up. had a full ulster and headed to Rathmullan House
Living In The Past (Jethro Tull)

No comments:

Post a Comment